Facebook event page
Grouse Mountain Resort
6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7R 4K9
What: The most mind-numbingly exhilarating run/hike you will ever do! 13 hours and 15 minutes of pure bliss .
The Event Host will be Grinding for the day. There are lots of options available for the day:
1. The Glorious Grind: Join us for one Grind on the day, and a beer or two,
2. The Ghastly Grind: Join us for a morning or afternoon, going up the Grind and down BCMC or the gondola, as many times as you can,
3. The Gruesome, Grisly Grind: Join us for the full 13 hour, 15 minute day, up the Grind and down BCMC or gondola, with a beer at the top each time. Or better still, do one beer after the first Grind, two beers after the second Grind, three beers after the third Grind, etc
Things you should know: “BoredinVancouver” identifies 12 types of Grouse Grinders – which one are you?
1. The Animal: Clambering on all fours and running up the stairs, The Animal is rarely seen but is a sight to behold,
2. The Expert: Glistening with sweat but not breathing too heavily, these guys and gals could do the Grind in their sleep,
3. The Arch Nemesis: He’s always in your line of vision, you are climbing at the same pace and alternating break times. You must beat him,
4. The “What are you doing here!?” woefully underprepared for the harsh reality of the Grouse Grind, with sandals, jeans, umbrellas, purses, plastic bags full of snacks, and holding a coffee in one hand,
5. The Backwards: The dumb-ass who is going back down the Grind, despite the huge sign at the top advising against it,
6. The Veteran: they’ve been doing the Grouse Grind before it was the Grouse Grind, back when it was a goat path with wild cougars stalking the trail,
7. The “How are You Still Alive?”: Taking a few steps before leaning on a tree… emitting sounds that no human-being should make,
8. The Miserable: Commonly seen at the 1/4 mark wringing their hands in panic (“What!?!? This is only the 1/4 mark!?!?!!? WHAT?!?!?!”),
9. The Stinker: blissfully unaware of the trail of gagging people that they leave behind as they make their way merrily up the Grind,
10. The Couple: “C’mon babe, it’ll be fun!” Is how it all begins…
11. The Cork: Oblivious to the line behind him or her, The Cork is listening to loud music and taking up the whole trail,
12. The Bros & The Hot Chicks: Backwards caps, no t-shirts, flexing their muscles as they pass you. The hot chicks are the ones in the spandex pants, passing you with ease as they bob their perfectly coiffed ponytail to their favourite EDM tracks.